Charitable Lead Trust (for Family)
If you are looking for a way to pass on some of your assets to your family while reducing or eliminating gift or estate taxes, a charitable lead trust is an excellent option.
Benefits of a charitable lead trust
- Receive a gift or estate tax charitable deduction
- Pass inheritance on to family at a reduced or zero cost
- Establish a fund from which you or your successor advisors can make gifts to your favorite nonprofits
How a charitable lead trust works
- You make a contribution of your property to fund a trust that pays Community Foundation of Central Georgia income for a number of years.
- You receive a gift or estate tax deduction at the time of your gift.
- After a period of time, your family receives the trust assets plus any additional growth in value. You may also choose to allow your family members to advise the fund you created at CFCG.
If you have any questions about charitable lead trusts, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have and to provide you with an illustration demonstrating your specific tax benefits.